This is a no brainer Apple’s next version of the iPhone probably due out at Macworld in 2008 will sport a GPS chip closely matching the iRFstarIII from SiRF Technology. The StarIII is best known for its capability to receive signals from 20 different satellites simultaneously, and a super fast First Fix Time. The only draw back is the requirement for higher power consumption.
read it here myiphone
Apple’s partnership with US telecom giant AT&T on eagerly-awaited iPhone devices set to ship next month promises to be an industry-changing blissful union or a history-making horrid divorce.
Industry insiders see AT&T as a clear winner from the union as Apple’s iPod-driven cache’ gives Internet-age youthfulness to a company as old as the telephone itself.
read it here theage.com.au
May 24, 2007 (Computerworld)—Apple Inc.‘s iPhone, which won’t be available for sale until next month, has a “wow” factor so powerful that users in a recent survey were awed by it without actually touching it.
Strategy Analytics Inc. in Boston today said it found that 90% of handset owners in its recent study gave the iPhone higher ratings than their own handsets.
read it here computerworld
PiperJaffray analyst Gene Munster rejected rumors that Apple will tout its iPhone at the conference, which opens June 11 in San Francisco. Instead, Apple will launch the new cellular phone in late June. At WWDC, Munster wrote in a note to investors, CEO Steve Jobs and crew will flesh out the remaining undisclosed features of Leopard, announce updated or new MacBook Pro models, and perhaps unveil a revamped iMac desktop lineup. “We believe the Street would react positively to such product announcements,” he said.
read it here infoworld
Sony will transform its popular PlayStation Portable (PSP) into a mobile phone and internet appliance.
BT and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) Wednesday morning announced a deal to transform the PSP by adding wireless broadband communications functions, including high quality handheld video calls, voice calls and messaging.
read it here pcworld
The Wing is available for US$299 (A$364) with a two-year contract, and offers extended battery life, a 2-megapixel camera, and Bluetooth connectivity.
Taking a page from Apple’s iPhone, T-Mobile Tuesday unveiled a Wi-Fi equipped mobile phone. Developed by Taiwan’s High Tech Computer Corp, the T-Mobile Wing is also the first US phone to run Microsoft’s Windows Mobile 6 operating system.
read it here itnews.com.au
A recent survey by the Channel Checkers research firm shows that demand for Apple’s upcoming iPhone may exceed the available supply when the device is released next month.
In a survey of 36 storers, 64% of outlets questioned replied that they had a waiting list while the remaining 36% would sell the iPhone on a first come, first serve basis.
read it here powerpage.org/
Many investors rely on the “buy on the rumor, sell on the news” strategy, but that isn’t likely to pay off with Apple, according to Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster. The company’s stock typically rises after big events, and two are scheduled for June: Apple’s World Wide Developer Conference, and the iPhone launch.
“Using the closing price the day before events as a base, shares of AAPL have risen an average of 1 percent the day of an event, and rise 3 percent in the week after the event,” he said. “Using the closing price the week before events as a base, shares of AAPL have risen 6 percent on average between the week before and the week after an event.”
read it here macobserver
The most noticeable feature of Aimersoft DVD to iPhone Converter is its great stability. Even the disk is a little scratched, it can convert it to video with no problem. The video quality should be counted as one of the best, I was hesitated to choose the Aimersoft or the Wondershare. One is great stability with stunning video quality, one is three-in-one converter, Maybe I will make a choice when iPhone comes out.
Cropping Movie: Yes. Trimming Movie: Yes. Rip DVD folders: Yes.
Easy to use: 4 Stars Interface: 5Stars
Video quality: 5 Stars Time to Complete Conversion: 81m37s
Stay iphonetuned for the next two reviews this week!
A few months ago I did a Skype phone shootout involving two cordless Skype phones.
I concluded that, for a host of reasons, the Linksys CIT300 was the better of the two phones.
However, a few of our readers were upset that I had failed to mention neither of the phones were compatible with Mac OS X. The newest Linksys cordless phone, the iPhone CIT400, does not require a computer at all and is my favorite cordless Skype phone yet. Here’s why.
read it here arstechnica
Page 554 of 586 pages ‹ First < 552 553 554 555 556 > Last ›