Apple Inc. has not yet sold a single iPhone, but investors are driving up the company’s shares to record highs as they bank that the combined telephone and media player will be a major hit.
A slew of brokerages from UBS to Piper Jaffray are raising their targets on Apple’s stock to as much as $160—equivalent to about 40 times its expected fiscal 2008 profit.
read it here indiatimes
[Editor 14-07-2008 Competition is closed]
We will give away one Apple iPhone the day the iPhone is released in Europe here, to one of the lucky readers who register and postat least once on the Forum and at least once
on the articles (front page).
Only one unique login per person will count of course. The winner will be published here.
All countries where the iPhone is for sale at that moment can join (the phone is useless without Telco contract). That will be the USA and all countries of Europe.
[Editor note 20/11/2007, the first day I can buy it here in Belgium I will draw the lucky winner.]
So do not miss this change to win a real iPhone!
Start building your community here.
Here it is, the iPhone 2.0 wish list of faithfull reader Adamsblack,
Here are a few feature requests we would like to see added to the iPhone at some point:
* 3G. not that it is available in my area, but some day it will be!
* The iPod application includes a handy volume control slider, but does not appear to include a method for changing the playing location of the current audio track (rewind/fast-forward/jump to point). This feature does appear in the video player.
* GPS with integration into Google Maps
* Use the built in camera to record video.
* Push email from Google. Not totally in Apple’s control because Google does not currently offer IMAP. When/if Google adds this feature it would be nice to know that the phone will support it.
* Steve pointed out that iPhone parses phone numbers in email messages, how about parsing street addresses with a magical import into Google Maps?
* Support for multiple email accounts. This feature may already be present, I can’t tell from the demos. These days people have many email accounts including work and one or more Gmail, Yahoo!, and Hotmail accounts.
* Display Favicon.ico (the little icon/logo next to the site address in most browsers) image on the bookmarks screen and the change page screen.
* Flash videos supported: At present, iPhone seems only supports mp4, h.264, mp3, aac. If it supports Flash files, iPhone will be more popular. Flash is working its way into all of todays popular
sites (YouTube, MySpace, Google Talk (web), Yahoo! Messenger (web), etc)
* Third-party software: The list of applications available for Windows Mobile and Palm is huge! I am sure many of the Mac developers out there would love the opportunity to develop/sell applications that run on the iPhone like games, video conversion, DVD to iPhone software, music data recovery, media editor, etc.
* There has been some rumors of an Apple developed spreadsheet application for Mac. It would be nice if there was a mini-spreadsheet program for viewing/editing simple spreadsheets. The same thing goes for Word documents (as you might guess Microsoft makes mini-versions of these applications available on their phone OS).
iGiki.com has announced that it will release several games designed for Apple’s iPhone around the same time that the highly anticipated device launches in later this month. The games are developed in Adobe Flash CS3 and are modified for use without a mouse.
read it here macnn
UPDATE: In the near future, you can buy the igiki iPhone games via our site!
The iPhone should deliver on what enthusiasts respect, according to a first-hand account of the device in real-world conditions. A server at the upscale Balthazar restaurant in New York City was given a rare opportunity to test the phone by a guest, who has claimed to be only one of twenty people so far allowed to own a fully-functional version of the device outside of Apple.
read it here electronista
Do you have the aspiration and talent to work on the iPhone?
Here are the latest job listings for the iPhone at Apple Inc, showing the areas where Apple needs to more help. These job offers always lead to new speculations of the new iPhone 2.0 features.
The flash file-system engineer, was discussed a few days ago here
What about the iPhone OS Security Engineer? It is the same OS that you have running on your Mac, although smaller. Does it have something to do with the announcement of, 3th party apps opening of the iPhone, like Steve told recently?
The other-way around, could we run the iPhone OS on our Macs and insert a simcart, via USB? Probably someone will try that next month already.
Job-list courtesy of yahoo jobs hotjobs.yahoo
Melodeo’s Dave Dederer calls his company’s new mobile music service, nuTsie, “an iPhone on training wheels.”
And the service, which allows users to listen to random shuffles of music from their iTunes libraries on select mobiles phones, even takes its name from Apple’s ubiquitous service.
read it here seattlepi.nwsource
An AT&T employee who works on Operations tells us that the carrier ordered a last-minute beefing up of its EDGE throughput, latency and coverage in anticipation of the iPhone. The operation, internally referenced as “Fine Edge” will continue until June 15th, and has been going on for as many as 6 weeks.
read it here gizmodo
June 05, 2007 (IDG News Service)—High Tech Computer Corp. announced the HTC Touch, a device based on the Microsoft Windows Mobile 6 Professional operating system that’s designed with one-touch screen features giving users instant access to e-mails, contacts and appointments.
read it here computerworld
The date’s been cast in stone: June 29 is the day the already legendary Apple iPhone goes on sale in the US, but as the date of release draws closer, what problems can Apple expect?
If you haven’t already seen the new iPhone ads on US Primetime TV or from Apple’s website, the first thing you notice is just how cool the iPhone interface looks and high incredibly easy it appears to be to use, as easy as when Steve Jobs demonstrated it back at Macworld in January.
read it here itwire.com.au
Page 547 of 583 pages ‹ First < 545 546 547 548 549 > Last ›